The Environment Agency has launched a national campaign this month, aimed to increase public awareness and highlight how individuals and communities can take simple actions to reduce their risk and prepare.
Over 5 million people in England and Wales live and work in properties that are at risk of flooding from rivers or the sea. This four-week nationwide flood action campaign aims to make people more aware of their flood risk and encourage them to take action.
Working in partnership with local councils, businesses, communities and others the Environment Agency are encouraging people to look into the opportunities to reduce their flood risk and prepare for these events.
Below are just a few of the simple, effective and free steps you can take
- Check your flood risk at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood.
- Sign up now to the Environment Agency free flood warnings www.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood
- Are you a business? Do you know how a flood could affect your staff and colleagues? Complete a business flood plan - www.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood
- Think your community could work together to respond when flooding happens? Make a community flood plan today - www.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood
- Follow the Environment Agency on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest information and be more#floodaware.